[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW G3YMC QRP

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon May 31 03:47:33 EDT 2004

Callsign       : G3YMC
Claimed Score  : 627627

Created by     : SD 10.15 and SDCHECK V10.15

Contest        : CQ WPX Contest

                         160m  80m  40m  20m  15m  10m  Total

    Valid QSOs:    2       74    263   283   166    91     879
   Total Mults:      0       40    152   123     61    23     399
  Total Points:      4     140     719   395   214   101   1573

Rig Elecraft K2, 5W. Antenna 110ft long wire.

Another fun weekend and pleased with the results. Conditions
reasonable but it seems gone are the days of wall to wall USA on 10m!
Even on 20m they were not that strong. Nice smattering of DX to keep
up the excitement. Highlight for me was working ZL6QH on 40m first
call then to add the icing working him again last night on 20m at
2147z when he was just above the noise - not quite first call that
time (and he tried to call me G3YEC). By the way a few times there
was some YEC confusion, and once or twice we both worked the same
station after one another!

Top band seems to have been abandoned in this contest (very little
heard the times I listened). Perhaps it is a quirk of the rules that
mults only count once and it is not worth wasting time there when you
can get better results from runs on the higher bands. In that respect
I was stuck for choice last night - working Europeans on 40 at 2
points or USA/DX at similar rate on 20m for 3 points. I stuck on 20
and forgot about 80 and 160.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com