[UK-CONTEST] CQWW 2004

Tom Wylie tom at gm4fdm.com
Mon Nov 1 16:13:44 EST 2004

Ray G4FON states:

"However, before I left I did notice some behaviour which I think is far
less acceptable than overstepping the voluntary band plans and that is
deliberate interference. There was one station at the low end of 40 on
Saturday evening sending strings of dots or dot-dashes from an electronic
keyer at around 25-30  WPM. The station seemed to identify an SSB station
and sit on it for a few minutes and then QSY to sit on top of another
station. I have no idea where or who the station was, but it was S9+ with
me."

This is precisely the point I was making earlier in my post.

Band PLANS are:

"The IARU bandplans have been compiled and modified over the years to
reflect changes in operating requirements and are to be used as a guideline
by the individual societies of each country."

Bandplans are merely guidelines and whilst most of us adhere to them 99.9%
of the time, but there are times when in order to compete, the guidelines
are not able to be followed.

People who deliberately cause interference are breaking the terms and
conditions of their licence and as such risk loosing it.     Personally I
can't see how anybody can get any pleasure in sitting for 20 minutes with
their fingers on a bug key sending random dots and dashes.   I'd rather
spend my 20 minutes working somebody on another frequency or band.   The
auto notch in the MP Mk V takes CW out a treat.   Its a pity the numbskulls
dont realise this.

If any G stations are guilty of deliberate interference, they should be
ashamed of themselves, refrain from calling the kettle black and be prepared
to loose their licence if identified..

73 de tom

GM4FDM