[UK-CONTEST] Grumpy Old Contesters

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 07:48:03 EDT 2004

>It's a great event for the "more mature" contester (probably means
most of
>us?), who have trouble staying awake for more than 16 hours at a time
-- in
>fact, even after four hours I need a walk round the block and a glass
of
>something to recover.

I'd like to echo this -I'm all for more shorter contests.

It was great to take part in the DLDX RTTY contest back in July where
they not only had categories for max 6 hour operation but also
categories for 'limited' (i.e. wire) antennas.  This allows you to
compete on a level playing field with similarly equipped stations rather
than being lumped in with people with multi element beams at 100ft agl!
More of this too please!

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg