[UK-CONTEST] DVK Audio Quality

Chris Burbanks g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 29 10:25:56 EDT 2004

Need some help please. Using FT1kMP, Heil headset (& I have tried the
original hand mike), microHam Keyer and Writelog. All working ok as regards
switching, recording on-the-fly and playing back. Main problem is the audio
sounds toppy. I have had to put all gain controls at a high level.

My first question is what WAV compression should I select in
Writelog/Tools/Sound Board Options? Currently set at 32kBits/sec, 16,000Hz
Mono, 4KB/sec

Next are there any other suggestions. I have tried a number of variations of
record and playback levels.

Chris G3SJJ  (G8D in CQWW SSB)
---