[UK-CONTEST] DVK Audio Quality

Robin Thompson robin at g3tkf.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 10:22:42 EDT 2004

In message <MCBBILFIBOJAEJJDMDLEGEAGDEAA.g3sjj at btinternet.com>, Chris
Burbanks <g3sjj at btinternet.com> writes
>I have made some progress on this. The AC97 on-board sound card has a
>graphics equaliser which I have now switched in. I have tried various
>settings and come up with the following which is an improvement but still
>lacks the punch I am seeing with normal audio. It is almost as though the Tx
>speech processor is switched off. The settings I have now are:
>
>Hz       +dB
>100        3
>200      10
>400      10
>600      12
>1k        12
>3k         9
>
>Any thoughts? Chris G3SJJ  (G8D)
Well I guess an overall increase in gain of 10db would have created the
same effect ! IS this just a lack of gain on the line input to your
sound card Chris? The processor on the radio would only normally be
working on mic in of course, so things are likely to sound different
anyway.
Perhaps you should try processing the audio BEFORE it goes on the AC97
card ?
Have a look at this site

http://w2ihy.com/Default.asp

73