[UK-CONTEST] G3XSV Ropoco

Andy Summers andy.summers at ttpcom.com
Mon Apr 4 13:17:56 EDT 2005

Hi Alan,

> Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:09:45 +0100
> From: "Alan Hydes" <afh at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Subject: [UK-CONTEST] G3XSV Ropoco
>
> Only 62 Qs here, but I couldn't find any new ones in the last 15mins.

An observation from a mainly SSB op, whose CW isn't that great: I did make
about 7 Q's S&P towards the end of the contest. I had intended to come on at
the start, but a hangover put paid to that! As my CW confidence isn't that
high at the moment, I chose to reply to those who fell into two categories:

A) Those who had a previous caller whose postcode I could copy (so I knew
what was going to be sent to me).
B) Those who decided to turn their speed down every now and again to catch
slow types like me. The latter is because I couldn't otherwise be sure that
they would reply to my 14wpm at a similar speed (which was borne out by the
(A) category Q's I had).

Say no more!

> Used Writelog, which doesn't support RoPoCo.  So I set it into EU Sprint
> mode and entered the postcode in the name field.  Bit of a pain, but
> workable.

I used 'Custom' mode, with the CW messages set up to send the appropriate
field from the previous QSO - nice feature that I see doesn't exist in
WinTest.

73,
Andy, G4KNO.