[UK-CONTEST] More about DX loops

Callum callum at mccormick.uk.com
Wed Apr 6 12:15:29 EDT 2005

Guys,

I have 6 sets of Westflex 103 running from the shack here at the front of
the house to the loft and then into the garden etc. If I assume that these
loops have roughly an impedance of circa 100 ohms, what's the best way of
transform this to 50 - because I won't be able to "ribbon" from the shack to
the loops.

So, there's two topics now..(!) Feeding horizontal loops at the house (I
have two) and feeding the field day vertical loop. I'll feed the field day
one at the corner, but ribbon? That's slightly outside my sphere because
I've never used it. Can I not cheat and use coax like I was taught on the
foundation course!! ?? :)

BTW, I've now been lent the low band DX book, so perhaps the answers are in
there - however Chris, Donald, Clive and Adrian (and Darren - nearly missed
you!) all seem to have slightly more knowledge about this than me.

(Apologies for waffling about antennas and not contests!)

Callum
M0MCX