[UK-CONTEST] [UK-Contest ] A Gentlemanly Contest ?

Ron Fraser ron at gm0ntl50.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 05:53:42 EDT 2005

 Brian M0RNR wrote:

> Interestingly, the said email from a single operator island dx-pedition
> entrant was written in the plural tense ?checking through our contest
notes?
> ?we have managed to source new equipment ? to quote from two recent
emails.
> Me thinks the operator implies that there was more than one of him ?oh my
> lord ? he wasn?t cheating was he?? or did he take another operator with
him
> so he could police the bands for people making the odd error, and
compiling
> his reports about it? You know what ? I don?t really care how many of them
> were on the island because it doesn?t bother me that much and I normally
> keep my opinions to myself, rather than letting the rest of the contest
> community know about it.

Interestingly enough, there is a "ghost" on the island, but no, she was not
part of the team....
I WAS.   Don't recollect reading that MM0Q was going to be a SO operation
this year  or
did I miss something.

Having been part of  GM2T team on previous IOTA contests,  I presume that
all know I always
play by the rules, will continue to do so and never air any dirty washing in
public!

If the rules issue has really been thrashed to death, why has the contest
committee not carved
the rules in stone and revamped all items which are subject to individual
interpretation and let us
all get on taking part in contests at our own individual levels of ability
and enjoying the post
contest experience. This IS a hobby, isn't it?

Ron Fraser GM0NTL/MM0Q