[UK-CONTEST] Radio in hand luggage by Air?

Deni deni1 at tiscali.fr
Thu Aug 18 05:26:25 EDT 2005

I'm looking for some advice in carrying some Radio stuf with me from
France to Scotland. Going via Ryanair and Easy jet.  Is it feasible to
carry in hand luggage given it meets the weight and size restrictions?

I'm hoping to take with me some portable HF equipment ie Elecraft K2
Yaesu 817 and various bits and pieces, paddle balun cables etc.

Can anyone advise or perhaps point me in the right direction, I'm not a
frequent air traveler and have never taken radio with me as yet. My
worst nightmare is having my equipment confiscated especially my K2.

Any advice appreciated IOTA, Dxpedition travelers?

73, Deni

GM3SKN / F5VJC