[UK-CONTEST] Turbolog 4

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 07:28:08 EDT 2005

Tom
Like yourself I tried the older versions of logger and could not make
that final commitment to dump TL3 - but then I looked at everything else
available, both paid for and free, and DX4WIN seemed the more popular
one for dxing, but it did not support vhf activity enough for my liking.
VQLog is another good logging program that is very good for
vhf/uhf/micro and now better for hf - I know local people here that use
it to a large extent, including rotor control etc. Just over a year ago
I tried logger32 again, and found I could easily configure it to look
how I wanted it to look (as near to TL3 in my case, as I like the
logbook style) - plus the new bandmap and greyline tracking etc had been
added. I have still not finished playing with it but its that sort of
program - you can get the basics going quickly and then tweek it at your
pleasure as you want to do new things.  The support reflector is superb
and the authors are very active in responding to upgrade requests and
quickly sorting out bugs (which have usually been pretty minor issues).
The support is very important, and I would happily pay for a logging
program whose authors gave the level of support that L32's do give on a
daily basis.  Given the lack of support being offered with TL4 I would
seriously consider looking at logger32 again, as the user base in the uk
is now quite large.

73

Steve GW0GEI