[UK-CONTEST] SSB Field day this weekend

afh@blueyonder.co.uk afh at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 11:10:05 EDT 2005

Just a reminder that the RSGB SSB Field Day takes place this weekend.

The rules can be found at:
http://www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/rules/rssbfd.shtml

Our contest takes place at the same time as the IARU Region 1 Field Day,
but remember it is a separate contest with different rules and scoring.
For example, we DO NOT include 160m, and we score /P stations as 5 pts
instead of 4.

SD is the only logging program (as far as I know) that fully supports SSB
Field Day.  If you want to use other software such as Writelog, N1MM, CT,
NA, and TR, then I suggest using the CQ WPX contest setting to give you
serial numbers.  They won't score correctly, but will produce a Cabrillo
file which is suitable for entry.

The 5 day weather forecast shows sunny weather for the weekend across most
of the UK, so let's hope they are right.

Good luck, and have fun !

73 de

Alan G3XSV