[UK-CONTEST] HF Championship

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 15:09:36 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

Good question !  The HFCC has long recognised a mode imbalance within the
RSGB HF contest calendar as a whole - it was heavily weighted towards CW.
Hence the committee was pleased to redress this with the 80m CC SSB / data
contests which started in 2004, and they proved to be very popular.

There are no additional SSB events considered suitable for addition to the
HF Championship tables though.  However, ideas and discussions for
additional SSB events are under discussion right now, for hopeful inclusion
in 2007 and beyond.

Traditionally BARTG has represented the UK with HF RTTY contests which it
does very well. There's no wish to clash or overlap, and so the HFCC have
focussed on morse and voice events.

73,

Lee G0MTN