[UK-CONTEST] FT1000MP MkV Shift and Width Controls

Douglas Maxwell douglas.maxwell at virgin.net
Sat Dec 24 03:53:54 EST 2005

Hi Paul,
    I also posted the article at the following address:

http://2m0vlf.proboards57.com/index.cgi?board=discussion&action=display&thread=1135185890

The formatting seems to have been stripped from the diagrams I posted to the
group. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought it needed
further explanation. I wanted to be able to adjust these controls and get it
right first time, instead of the suck it and see approach. The trouble is
that the change these controls make is difficult to quantify due to the
number of variables:

IF stage filter combinations i.e. 500/none, 500/500, 250/none, 250/250 etc
Filter widths
Filter types i.e. Mechanical, crystal
Menu settings i.e. DSP or analogue demodulator, DSP receive width 100-3100
or 300-2800, 10 or 20Hz for shift control etc.

The diagrams aren't the best, but let me know if you agree or disagree with
them.

Cheers

Doug