[UK-CONTEST] Samlex SEC1223

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 28 12:26:27 EST 2005

Thanks to all who chimed in. The situation appears to be that units supplied
in the U.S., and subject to FCC regs. are pretty dirty. Those subject to the
rigours of the CE testing regimen are however pretty clean, since they have
filtered DC output leads.

So, when we whinge about the bureaucracy of Brussels-Strasbourg etc., let's
rejoice that RFI design has been enhanced. I personally was already aware of
this from my time in the chemical industry, where consumers- particularly of
paints/adhesives-have quite transparently been protected from the excesses
of the industry in former time. Yeah, yeah I know Lead free solder is a real
bummer, so there's always a downside!

Oh did I mention, I ordered a Samlex today. No problem except all the
couriers have taken holidays until 3rd January :-((

73

Clive
GW3NJW

My only comment is that the fan makes a bit of a noise when it comes on
(when it was under load), but otherwise it was RF quiet and small. I'd
recommend it.

Stewart
GM4AFF