[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC Feb SSB

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 17:19:05 EST 2005

Challenging!!!!!
The more I take part in this series the more my mind is drawn back to long
VHF contests working 100Qs in 24 hours and feeling very pleased and
contented!
Tried for the first 25 minutes S&P running 10 watts but nobody heard me.
Upped the output to 50watts and soon had 9Qs in the log but double figures
eluded me tonight.
2E0ATY was the strongest signal on the band for the whole contest by a
couple of S points.  (anyone know what type of antenna in use?)  In total I
heard 57 stations taking part in the contest which is not bad considering
the noise level was sitting at S8 for most of the time. I need to sort out
the computer speakers three doors down and try running 100watts in future
events.  The dipole running north/south is certainly not helping so may try
portable next week for an even more challenging evening.
Although I worked 11 stations in the RTTY event conditions tonight seemed
better with more stations audible.
See you next week
73
Jim  MM0BQI

IC7400, 50 watts, loaded 40/80m dipole 6m agl running N/S.  Logging
N1MMLogger.