[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC Feb SSB

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 03:53:00 EST 2005

I think, for the very reasons discussed, that it is ideal to hold this=
 contest in January/February. I'd rather everyone was challenged and had to=
 work for their QSOs! I called many stations many times, and still never=
 worked them. For info, I found the dipole was about 4 S points better than=
 the vertical on all UK signals. I started late and finished early, so only=
 about 15 Q's. It sounded to me like the ones doing well early on were not=
 necessarily the 'big guns', but perhaps the ones who had low noise levels.=
 With my low noise level here I can hear just about everything, so it's=
 doubly frustrating when I don't get heard!

Stewart
GM4AFF