[UK-CONTEST] RE:80m CC frequencies

Darren Hatcher g0wcw at btopenwolrd.com
Tue Feb 8 15:49:07 EST 2005

Hi.

Here on the East Anglian Coast, I spent much of the evening S&P - but the
propogation sounded very odd.

Having made 45Q's at the end I noted that the noise levels at Martlesham in
Suffolk seemed to change two or three times over the 90 minutes of play.

2E0ATY was loud all evening and not having problems, but 'SJJ more or less
dropped into the noise and then 15 minutes later started rising again. I
noted that EI was very loud at the start and then vanished, followed by
easterm Europe coming in S9++. GM stations seemed to come and go.

The usual big signals from the midlands (NAS, VHB, etc) were more or less on
my noise floor.

I agree with Chris below where anybody over 60 was probably doing well.

Anyway, good fun as usual and I'm all for having to use the radio and the
ears to test the operators skills, rather than churn through QSOs.

Catch you in the next one.

Darren - G0WCW (as G4MRS)