Subject: [UK-CONTEST] RSGB 160m (Ken Chandler)

G0ORH at aol.com G0ORH at aol.com
Mon Feb 14 12:50:19 EST 2005

Hi all
I have been running a 200ft doublet set at 55ft with the ends about 12ft off
the ground. I'm using open wire feeder directly into a Z match, and 200watts
output. The quadra is history, I've sold it. A little RF in the shack but it's
well earthed, etc. It seems to work very well indeed as I've worked VK6HD with
100watts and heard just about all the choice dx going!. Anyway, the top band
contest was just really good. Bit noisy at first but it did quieten down a lot
as the contest flowed. Loudest was the GM, s they seemed to appear all at
once and loud, all except for JJ!!!! even louder. G's were weak with me in
Newbury, Best dx VE3 who called me. Final tally 168 qso's, G4FON logging program.

Ken..G0ORH