[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest Rule Clarification

G3WPH g3wph at folly.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 17:59:42 EST 2005

Just started thinking about a Commonwealth contest entry for this year and reading the rules and in the awards section found:

"(c) *NEW* THE JOHN DUNNINGTON TROPHY. Awarded to the leading UK station using 100 watts and single element antenna (dipoles, loops or veritical etc)."

Is the correct interpretation that the same single element antenna must be used on all bands, as implied by 'single element antenna', or that different single element antennas may be used on each band as implied by 'dipoles, loops...'

Sorry to be pedantic, but it will determine whether I use a ground plane in addition to my inverted L and I therefore thought it best to seek clarification.

Thanks for your help,

Mike
G3WPH