[UK-CONTEST] GM4AFF AFS CW

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 06:28:52 EST 2005

Usual great fun. Fast S&P for first 45 mins until I found a hole. Then ran for 38 minutes, when I was told to QSY! I asked why and was told I had bad key clicks. The station in question was well clear LF of my freq. No one else has ever accused me of that! Rig is unmod-ed. Anyway, I did QSY and continued to call for 30 mins. Then tried S&P agin for a bit, but running was more productive. I haven't got the patience to sit and listen to some QSOs, only to be bumped by a more local station and have to wait through 'it' all again. I ran all the way to the end then. Never bothered with 2nd VFO as, for once, condx seemed to favour me. My best score since about 1994.
Interesting how Rob GM3YTS stole my freq twice. Both times I was using the vertical, but as soon as I switched to the dipole he went! Shows the difference it makes! I was using a separate RX antenna.
220 Q's + 2 dupes.
FT1000MP + 91b + inverted V dipole at 35ft, HF2V + beverage to SSE.

Stewart
GM4AFF

Offshore Design Ltd

www.odl.co.uk

This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. You should not disclose its contents to any other person. Any
unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.