[UK-CONTEST] AFS SSB Saturday

Peter Robinson pgr46 at onetel.com
Mon Jan 10 14:30:22 EST 2005

We had an interesting discusion at our club (Taunton and Dist) regarding the frequency allocation for AFS SSB next weekend.
One member has E mailed me and his observation is as follows

The 'Contest Preferred Segments' and 'you must NOT...' are a contradiction of terms.
Obviously, if the 80m band is 'policed', QSOs outside of the Preferred Segments can be disqualified, but this will only encourage the use of linears INSIDE the P.S.s and some people using more than  the legal limit of 400 watts.  How are they being policed?

The 'Contest Preferred Segments' and 'you must NOT...' are a contradiction of terms.
Obviously, if the 80m band is 'policed', QSOs outside of the Preferred Segments can be disqualified, but this will only encourage the use of linears INSIDE the P.S.s and some people using more than  the legal limit of 400 watts.  How are they being policed?

We will be interested to hear your comments

Peter G0EYR