[UK-CONTEST] Club championship tonight.....

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 18:47:37 EST 2005

I can sympathise with you Ivan. I worked 54 (compared with 48 n the cw
leg) and was amazed at the high serial numbers some people were giving
out early on and later on in the contest. I ran for first 30 mins and
after a reasonable start for the first ten minutes it went horribly
quiet up on 3763, apart form some 59+ qrm from a Russian station who was
ignoring me or was running qro - also had some occasional deliberate
tuning up on my run freq which I ignored and nulled out. I went S and
Ping as I could not summon the energy to try using the second vfo
seriously in between cqing. N1MM band map was very helpful with S and P
on subsequent band sweeps so am adopting N1MM in favour of SD for future
events. Worked a few, but also failed to work three stations who were
58/9 solid - managed to work two of them on the fourth or fifth band
sweep later on, but one GM still failed to heat my 100w - conditions
again eh ?! I managed another small run right at the end up at 3773, but
glad the contest was only an hour and a half!
Hope it improves next month!!! Cu all in AFS (assuming my antenna stays
up until then).

Score : 54 (no dupes)

Equip : FT1000 (inrad) 100w to hastily re erected inverted V dipole at
24ft (tower still lowered, shields up)

73

Steve GW0GEI