[UK-CONTEST] EI5JP 1st Hour AFS Observations

rob_hammond at eircom.net rob_hammond at eircom.net
Mon Jan 17 07:16:08 EST 2005

Had nearly an hour free before shopping so came on to give a few points away. Signals from the UK were very strong & lots of them. There were a few observations worth noting.
To be honest I wish I'd been on for the entire time to see how signals changed over the 4 hours from here.

Strongest Signals were
G3SJJ , GW0GEI & GW8IZR

Worked one GM station about 15 mins in who was 20dB over S9

Was extremely surprised that My 100W to a windom was getting me heard first or second call.

Noted that in some places CQ's were 3 stations deep

Just 26 Qso's before I got a call to get out of the door

Station TS850 100w to a Windom @ 12m & HF6V ( never used )
QTH Screen, Co Wexford (IO62sl)

73
Rob EI5JP