[UK-CONTEST] Contest Robots

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 14:52:09 EST 2005

Hi Les,

Yes, it does appear to be an ultra-grumpy robot.  At the 6th attempt I was
successful, which surpasses my attempts with the JARL robot years ago.  The
robot didn't even seem to accept additional spaces in the category field,
which was a new one for me.  I used SD in the REF, which innocently enough
put a few extra spaces in to line up the header information, and had to
delete them.   The following lines were eventually accepted, so perhaps
match up your log if you've not been successful.

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 40M LOW
QSO: 7000  CW 2005-01-29 1116 G0MTN         599 001   F5KGA          599 38

Also from last weekend's activities, the new contest manager for the UBA
contest wants to receive ADIF files and a summary sheet, not Cabrillo.

If I remember correctly, I've also had some fun and games with the ARRL
robot when trying to enter a single mode contest, and the robot got upset
about me either omitting or mentioning the mode in the category.  I can
understand the need to be precise for log details, but hopefully a little
slack could be programmed in for extraneous logical information that comes
straight out of your 'supports the contest' logging software.  Something for
the next generation of robot.

Two steps forward, one step back !

73,

Lee G0MTN
(human-log-robot and semi-professional Cabrillo wrangler.)