[UK-CONTEST] IOTA Contest MM0Q EU92 Summer Isles

MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 13:57:50 EDT 2005

Almost had to curtail our efforts due to theft of rig, microkeyer and laptop from a hotel in Paris last week.  Paid £10 to leave the car in the 'secure' underground carpark complete with guard and big dog to find in the morning that the entire contents of the car had been stolen! Everything gone on the first day of our holiday.  We were one of six cars emptied and a seventh was stolen to take everything away. Glad to report that we still had a great holiday and can even laugh about it now.  It's amazing how much booze you can bring back when you have no luggage taking up useful space and no piles of washing to do either when you get home!

We have managed to source new equipment and it will be almost 'business as usual' from the Summer Isles.  This year we are at the waters edge using verticals and a low dipole for 80m.  Logging with N1MM multi-user. QSL via bureau if needed.