[UK-CONTEST] PSU Recommendations

Andy Summers andy.summers at ttpcom.com
Wed Mar 9 07:45:06 EST 2005

Hi all,

I now own an Orion, although I've been told I can't get it out the box until
my birthday at the end of the month! That gives me a couple of weeks to
source a 13.8V/25A PSU for it.

I'd quite like a switch-mode PSU to keep the weight down, but I'm a little
concerned about EMC issues (both directions). Can anyone recommend a
currently available unit, or for that matter warn me off any? I'm thinking
about possibly a Diamond GSV3000. I also noticed that Haydon stock a GSV2500
and a GSV4000 that look a little different (old models?) and are cheaper.
Anyone know anything about these?

Any help gratefully received.
73,
Andy, G4KNO.