[UK-CONTEST] BERU 2005 - VP9/G3PJT

Bob Whelan g3pjt at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 14 21:01:01 EST 2005

BERU 2005 VP9/G3PJT

Here is the view from the mid Atlantic – storm force winds, rain and it
was a bit challenging for the antennas!

Score

702 Qs 179 Bs for 7090 pts

Set up

Elecraft K2 – 90watts , Antennas A4 , 40m dipole, 132 ft end fed

Software Writelog

Soapbox

28MHz - was a BIG disappointment only worked Don G3BJ, heard a trace
from Andy and nil from Dave or any other G. Managed Geo 5B4AGC and 4 ZLs
but no VEs at all – I couldn’t understand the conditions.

21MHz Good openings all round if a bit short. But nothing further east
than 5B.

14MHz Pretty good until the later stages when I was getting reports of
599 plus in VK but no VKs to work. An excellent LP opening to VK / ZL on
Saturday evening

7MHz Probably the best band with big pile ups , including most of
western Europe and Eastern US Only a few persistent callers!

3.5 MHz Disappointing to VK/ZL but I went to bed at 0900Z because I
couldn’t find anyone else to work so probably missed them!

Thanks for another fun contest and the WX has improved today too– sunny
and about 65-70 just right for a beer.

73

Bob VP9/G3PJT