[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 17:57:12 EST 2005

Great conditions, best total yet of 49 Qs. Last half hour was disappointing
with wall to wall SSB QRM covering the top half of the band and I had worked
everyone I could hear at the bottom!
Tried a refined tactic tonight of starting at the bottom of the band, tuning
up and marking every station I could hear on the bandmap.  I have found it
pointless to call the loud stations in the first 10 minutes or so because
everyone else is doing the same!  With 15 calls on the band map it was very
easy to click on the spots and work them when the initial rush died down.
Good to hear so many GM stations on the air and I also worked two GWs,
despite the score last Saturday!
All in all good fun, thanks for the Qs.
MP running 50w to loaded dipole.  N1MM logger in WPX mode.
Next CW leg on the 4th of April will be from the Summer Isles, EU92.
73
Jim  MM0BQI

** IOTA DXpedition EU108 Treshnish Isles June 2005
www.qsl.net/mm0bqi/eu108.htm **
       **IOTA Contest DXpedition  July 2005 MM0Q  Summer Isles EU092 **