[UK-CONTEST] RST - who needs it?

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Fri Mar 18 13:16:26 EST 2005

Paul

I'm only responding to this because you claim you are being serious in your
suggestion.  Had you not done so, I would have been convinced you were
having a laugh.

So not to beat about the bush, I think your suggestion is absurd.  How on
earth would folks understand what you were trying to convey?

I understand the argument that RST is largely irrelevant when just about
everybody sends 5NN.  However that it appears irrelevant is in itself an
irrelevance if the rules call for you to send it.

Contests are simple things.  If the rules state your exchange must have
particular content then you should see to it that it does or risk
disqualification.

The rules for some contests say RST must be exchanged while others say it
need not.

Bob, 5B4AGN