[UK-CONTEST] Attitudes to SSB and CW contesting

Tom Wylie tom at gm4fdm.com
Sat Mar 19 06:14:16 EST 2005

Please dont put down digital modes - I enjoy the challenge of RTTY and find
RTTY contests everybit as interesting at CW or SSB.   I seldom do the ARRL
series nowadays, as I get bored working streams of Ws.   I do come on the
lower bands and see if I can fill a few state slots but thats about all.
When it comes down to it, CW  CQWW is just about the most boring.   INS,
Enter and + are the only commands needed.   The computer even puts in the
zone for you - all you have to do is decide if its correct or not...  Its
alomst as interesting just playing on Morserunner - who needs to out in the
cold and wet building antennas, or the hassle of TVI??

;-)
Tom
GM4FDM