[UK-CONTEST] slow ops

peter jackson peter.jackson17 at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 25 09:59:13 EST 2005

Well I can hold my hand up as been qrs on ssb the reason being I left ham
radio for 24 yrs I came back in late '86, during that time the swines had
changed the phonetic alphabet no longer was I George three Kentucky Norway
United, but some guy called Golf 3 Kilo November Uniform!! Even after all
these years I still have problems with it. In the old days you were given
the call letter by letter then phonetically . but now the call is thrown at
you in phonetics. I handle cw much better and my two fingers go to the right
keys automatically, not with ssb. So sorry if I appeared slow at times.
Still enjoyed it last night started real well with 70 in 40mins but then it
went pear shaped ended up with 99. Looking forward to the next one it's cw.
73 Pete G3KNU George three Kentucky Norway United.