[UK-CONTEST] Guest op looking for a station

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 14:55:50 EST 2005

Hi all,

Csaba HA3LN (the Cs is pronounced Ch) is working in London at the moment, and is looking for a station to operate from for the SSB EU Sprint contest on April 9th.  He needs to rely on trains and buses, but is happy to travel an hour or two to get to a good location.  If anyone in the area has a station available, and would be happy to host a guest op for a few hours, please can you drop me a note and I'll pass on your details.

Another WWYC member, Bart SP4ZO is currently living and working in Bedford, and hasn't found a local contest team so far.  The G6UW guys are not too far away in Cambridge - perhaps we can sort something out there.  Any other offers or suggestions welcome.

Thanks & 73,

Lee M/G0MTN  (so not to be left out)

PS I was around in WPX for a while. I was happier calling CQ outside of 3650-3700 just to have a quiet life.  With my neighbours just a wall away, I've found myself shouting quietly into the mic, which is really quite strenuous after a while.  When stations don't get a particular letter of my callsign correct, I prefer to call manually and leave just the approprate gap / stress for the individual phonetics.  I don't really know if it is more successful than just pressing the "G0MTN" button again and let the voice keyer do the work, but in my head it seems to be a better idea. Following on from the recent thread about SSB / CW contests, the weekend was useful for maintaining my respect for the guys that just keep on going no matter what.  And once again several different people thought I was Golf Zebra Nine Tango November.  Wishful thinking for a nice mult, but even G-nothing's seemed to be rare enough ?

PPS Every radio club needs a Callum.  And no, you can't have ours :-)