[UK-CONTEST] M6T (G4PIQ) CQWW SSB Report

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 14:56:39 EST 2005

Hi Andy, great write-up. And a great score too. I also must congratulate Steve GW4BLE for an amazing score too. I suffer from a syndrome whereby the more good results I see the worse I feel, so the less effort I expend, so the worse I do, so the worse I feel, so the less effort I expend, etc... And this year I entered CQ WW SSB knowing I would feel like that, and intending to take a decent sleep on Saturday night, but not get too phased by it. Obviously a southerly latitude and southerly/westerly aspect to a station makes all the difference... but I can't get over how much! Sunday evening CQ'ing on 40m I thought I'd a problem - a 'run' rate of about 20! It's a pity because my take-off towards VQ9 is brilliant! Makes me wonder is an SO2R set-up is really worth the effort up here!
Well done both (and everyone else who gave it a bash),
Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F