[UK-CONTEST] 40m SSB in CQ WW CW

Gerard Lynch gerrylynch at freenetname.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 18:11:17 EST 2005

For all those of you who were, er, discussing how far down the
contest ops were spreading on 40 metres during CQWW weekend.

Original text at http://www.cutanddried.com/etexts/At_Lord's/

Enjoy!

At 7.004

It is little that I work in the contests of the sideband folk,
Though my own morse sub-bands overflow.
It is little that I work in the contests of the sideband folk,
Though I'll find no other QSO.
For the band is full of noise as I near the lower edge,
And the rasping "CQ Contest"s split my brain just like a wedge.
I'll not work phone this weekend, for I've taken a firm pledge.
As the mult stealers flicker to and fro (to and fro),
Oh my regen and my spark gap long ago!

It's Zone 8 Multi-Ops to the bottom of the band,
Though my own QRP sig there may moan.
It's Ukraine kilowatts spreading RF through the land
Making QRP morse code ops ceaseless groan,
And with tear bedimmed eyes, I tune the bandspread dial,
Searching for a contact, through the splatter, oh so vile,
And mixed in with my tears, I begin to bring up bile.
Oh baccy tin TX, where shall we go?

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."