[UK-CONTEST] CQWW - CW -2005

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 12:26:46 EST 2005

Probably the first to report on the contest as I did a single band unasisted effort on 15mtrs in the low power section.
  The band closed for me at 1500z, conditions not great, areas faded in and out and there was a lot of atmospheric noise.
  I must admit that things are much easier in the couple of hour period before the band opens up to Eu, the band is not so crowded so it is easier to find mults and so many guys seem to have amps these days so that when the band fills up little pistols get well and truly squashed!
  I was unable to get a decent run going after 0800z both days 'cos I was continually 'sat on', anyway it's same for all in the same categories and part of the cut and thrust of the action but it is hard to be sanguin about it when it happens!
  Considering we have approached cycle bottom it could have been worse, the band did open in all directions that we can expect when we share daylight. I was pleased to work many of you.
  Final totals.
  988 qso's - hopefully all good - but unlikely cq boys won't scat a few off.
  Zones - 33
  Countries - 108
  Total points - 371,560.
  The zones I missed were 1, 2, 3, 6; 31, 34, 40. Of those I missed I heard only z34 with not a trace of the others.
  73,  Brian 5B/ G4ODV.