[UK-CONTEST] Fwd: Re: QRO

QUENTIN COLLIER q.g.collier at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 2 04:38:59 EDT 2006

As to why the inspections are carried out, I would have thought that Chris as an ex HFCC chairman would have a better understanding of the rationale than I, who am merely the adjudicator!

  But I guess it is a legacy of the old 10w days, when it must have been tempting to run an 807 up to the dizzy limits of 25W. Personally I believe this is one of those things from the past that is good and should be retained.

  Chris is right to note that the inspection requirement relates only to CW NFD and not SSB FD.....if there is a feeling that it should apply to SSB FD, why not suggest this to the HFCC? I am sure they would look at that sympathetically.

  73,

  Quin G3WRR

  PS - in the unlikely event that this e-mail promotes further debate, I'm out of the country on business from later today and won't be able to participate until the very end of the week.

G3SJJ <g3sjj at btinternet.com> wrote:
  Errm, why? Don't you trust us or is it just another quaint British
custom!? What about SSB FD?

Chris G3SJJ