[UK-CONTEST] 80m contests

Dave Sharred dave at g3nkc.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 14:03:10 EDT 2006

Clive,

No-one from the HFCC has commented on this, and to be fair, BUO was not at
the meeting when this decision was made (HFC in October)

I was , and supported the change, so don't mind sharing the reasoning with
you !

There was some discussion on the success of the championships; and, whether
it needed to be tinkered with.  Since these are very short duration events,
and very frequent, there were comments about it's timing, after the clocks
got changed. It was generally felt that using a BST start time would be
beneficial to some people; and maybe less disruptive to people's social
arrangements!  Whilst a 10:30 finish is not past my bedtime, it is a little
later than I would personally prefer of a workday !!

It was also acknowledged that , at the time of the clock time changes, it
had caused some confusion to some people in the past; possibly less
experienced people, but also complacent people like me, who have been guilty
on occasions in assuming they know the rules, so don't recheck the start
times !!!!

I seem to recall that GM4FDM was also at the meeting, so there was some
representation from North of the Border!

So, it was made with the best of intentions; it is unfortunate that you feel
it disadvantaged GM stations.

Cheers

Dave