[UK-CONTEST] Consultation - NFD

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Wed Aug 16 04:07:08 EDT 2006

Just a short comment from me.

Although I welcome moves to get a Europe wide NFD I am unhappy with
what is proposed along the lines of other replies.

I do not want to see it with a whole multitude of sections, which
just leads to confusion and it spreads out competing teams too much.
Like IOTA it will lead to the adjudicators having problems deciding
which section some entrants really are entering. Keep it simple, two
or at most three sections (Open, restricted, QRP) is perfectly
adequate.

No fixed station entrants.

No multipliers.

Certainly no packet.

Here in Bracknell we have a very small team (and aging), probably
getting smaller, and have great difficulty inspiring any interest
whatsoever from our members. Anything which involves more than
putting up a bit of wire and a tent is probably more than we could
handle.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com