[UK-CONTEST] Consultation - NFD

g4fka at aol.com g4fka at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 11:22:09 EDT 2006

Lots of debate so far.

Has it all got too complex I ask? In the late 1940s/early 1950s (long  before
me I hasten to add!) there was an A and B station per group, one  single
element wire antenna per station with both length and height limits, and  5w DC
input maximum power. One section, one set of rules. Station calls and  locations
were published in advance and folks seemed proud to represent their  town or
area.

50 groups entered in 2006. Over 120 groups entered in 1950. So today's quiz
question is, which NFD format was more popular?

NFD is the one opportunity we have to go back to the basics of setting up
and operating a field day station. There are 51 other weekends a year to fry the
 ionosphere and wreck our towers!

Geoff G4FKA