[UK-CONTEST] VHF Trophy Presentations & Entries to IARU VHF/UHF Contests

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 20 16:31:48 EDT 2006

A couple of quick news updates from the VHFCC.

1. The VHF Trophy presentations for 2005 events will once again take place
at the HFC at Gatwick on Saturday 7 Oct. There's quite some effort taking
place to turn this event into something more than just an HF event, and
you'll see a couple of VHF oriented presentations on the programme
(http://www.rsgb-hfc.org.uk/draft_programme.htm) already for the Saturday -
and more may follow. Unfortunately - this isn't a great choice of weekend
for VHF folks this year since it clashes with the October UHF contest and I
can promise that we'll work very hard to ensure that doesn't happen again.
We are however somewhat caught between a rock and a hard place with no
dedicated VHF Convention. Those of you who are trophy recipients and will be
out contesting that weekend, please contact me and I'll see what alternative
arrangements we can make.

2. The rules for submitting logs to the IARU Region 1 6m, 2m and UHF
contests have changed. The adjudicating society is now quite at liberty to
take electronic logs only, and these logs must be in REG1TEST (.EDI) format.
For clarity - this only applies to the entries which we send onto the
overall Region 1 adjudication - not what is required for entry to the RSGB
event. We will send on whatever we get from you, but if you want to be sure
of inclusion in the Europe wide results you need to submit REG1TEST format
logs.

Hope this is clear. Any problems, please drop me a line.

73,

Andy Cook, G4PIQ
Chairman, RSGB VHF Contest Committee