[UK-CONTEST] Clusters again

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 25 18:37:38 EDT 2006

Dave

I suspect you have misconstrued my attitude? I am hard line
anti cluster-period, just trying to sound a few alarm bells
before it's too late. Chris/WOJ was right in saying that
clusters have deskilled ( I'd say dumbed down) both DXing
and contests. I'd just add horrendously so.

There is no way that the cluster network will ever go away,
the genie will never go back in the bottle, and of course I
could never support your option 5 ;-)

I suppose that in view of the recent sad events surrounding
WRTC, that we should not be surprised that DARC and some
other European societies have such a pro-cluster attitude.
What is extremely worrying however- if the rumours are
correct- is that the ARRL contest advisory panel have
recommended a similar approach, only to be overruled by the
board of directors; let us hope that they can hold the line,
although I am not sanguine.

73

Clive
GW3NJW