[UK-CONTEST] Heil-ICOM

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 9 13:35:43 EST 2006

Hi list

A question for the SSB fraternity. I believe that Heil headsets are normally
supplied not " hard wired" to the 8 pin mic. connector, but normally with
( in the case of the mic.) a 3.5mm jack plug, and then you have to purchase
an "adaptor" to suit one of Yaecomwood. I know that modern ICOMS have DC
voltage on the mic. live pin, and by repute Heil mics. definitely do not
like that "up 'em"! So my question is, does the ICOM adapter have a DC
blocking cap., and if so is this encapsulated in the 8 pin connector of said
adapter?

Advice appreciated

73

Clive