[UK-CONTEST] 1.8 Mhz RSGB Test.

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 15:38:36 EST 2006

Highlights
were calls from Brian 5B4/G4ODV (probably with a less
than ideal 160m
antenna) and 4J5A which I have a feeling is UD6 or
somewhere like that.
Conditions seemed well down on CQWW 160m, even W3LPL
was nothing at all
special.         G3LET

You are bang on there Peter, the 100w I put into the
piece of string outputs 25w and then very
inefficiently, so it is a test of good ears. My major
problem is lack of grounding, just concrete
everywhere.

I did call everybody so congrats to the 9 guys who
pulled me out. Rx condx here were also poor, very
different to the 'marathon' the previous weekend.

BTW, can anyone confirm the date of the 80 mtr cw
event this week as Radcom appears to show the wrong
date. Assuming Davids (BUO) plea has been noted I am
looking forward to hearing those barefoot signals from
uk which will be a good assessment of antennas when
there is a level playingfield of power.

73,  Brian  5B/G4ODV.