[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC

Colin G3PSM colin at g3psm.net
Fri Feb 24 07:14:20 EST 2006

Well, not quite a disaster but close to it.

Started well enough with 13 QSOs (unlucky) swiftly in the log and then
Murphy struck and the ATU went haywire.   Discovered  moisture on the
terminals of the open wire feeders and yes I do have a drip loop!
After a number of false restarts I disconnected one side of the doublet
and used it as a longwire.   85Qs with 16 minutes lost messing about.

Haven't yet discovered the source of the moisture but no doubt due to
the sleet that was about at the time.

73

Colin, G3PSM