[UK-CONTEST] 80M CC

G3WVG g3wvg at lycos.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 12:32:45 EST 2006

Hiya Guys

I found conditions good throughout. Oddly unlike others, although the rate
slowed, I didn't notice the propagation change towards the end of the
contest.

I varied my CQ speed a lot this time hoping to attract stns with a wider
spread of operating skills. In reply to slow CQs there were callers with
pretty poor morse, but at least it was a QSO, for both of us.

I have no problem if people want to send my call first in an exchange. It
their problem.  In slow rate contests like these , it makes very little
difference to me.
We should remember too that many callers will not have CW filters and to
them the band will sound very crowded and perhaps they feel the need to
remove any uncertainty from the exchange.  Also they are unlikely to
subscribe to this reflector, so Dave's point is a good one i.e. A Radcom
article from someone with time on their hands might be just the ticket.

Anyhow,  I finished up with 125Q's using my ancient (soon to be replaced)
TS930 running 100W to a dipole up at 70 feet.

73 Ian G3WVG