[UK-CONTEST] Industry standard

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sat Feb 25 17:26:20 EST 2006

Hhmmmm! Interesting responses!

There are two comments I will make to the reply from SJJ.

Firstly, Writelog does NOT conform to the so called industry standard, as
when started up, the buffers are all but empty, and you have to enter the
info you want sent. Without this, you would not be able to play in the
contest, so as far as I can see, it doesn't "conform".
Although I don't use SD, surely, the buffers are configurable? Paul has done
an excellent job in providing an excellent piece of software, TOTALLY FREE,
and ought to be congratulated for supporting this, and many other contests,
rather than publicly berated for misleading folk.
I don't think I have misunderstood anything.

Secondly, there are many of us, me included, who enter the contest to have
some fun, generally try and improve our score over last year, or the last
event, or maybe just say HI to friends. We are not all "in it to win it", at
any cost.

As for my last suggestion, it was meant in a lighthearted way, as I actually
heard exchanges like this on Thursday evening. So what? They are perfectly
valid.
OK, that's three comments, but who cares?

Good night all...

Phil GU0SUP