[UK-CONTEST] 80M CC CW

Colin Potter colin.potter1 at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 26 13:17:15 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

I had replied to Pete mentioning that I already have a good contest
simulator which I am sure needs more use. BTW I am not a contest beginner,
being in VHF contests for many years as G6FQZ from home and with Newbury
DARS at field day. We were third this year (restricted section) and actually
first in the 2m section using all my gear. A different discipline on is
needed for VHF contests and also for DX.

At least I got the M0 call by passing the 5wpm test but this is not exactly
fast enough for anything much. I now enjoy IOTA from the IOW and HFFD's but
SSB only so far!

I will get better at CW, even 30wpm.

My point in the previous email was that annoying responses in the form of
"unecessary information" in contests are sometimes not mistakes but the
result of the needs of the sender, who also wants to get a good score.
Nothing to do with programs this! Of course, I know your comments are not
directed to put people off the 80CC which is a great success.

Mistakes I do make - usually by pressing the wrong button!! Sorry to anyone
on the receiving end......

73 Colin Potter M0DDT