[UK-CONTEST] Contest Logger

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 27 09:57:24 EST 2006

Similar to what I am trying to learn with N1MM, Graham. I find it is
very good until you get out of sequence after sending something on the
external keyer! If you can use that ok you should try N1MM's Auto
Threshold. If set to 3 then after you have entered in the 3rd letter of
the suffix, it automatically tabs over to incoming exchange field and
starts sending F2 content, ie outgoing exchange. So just one hit of
Enter per QSO. Cool.

How does your system handle voice messages and rx recording? Doesn't
seem much of an "industry standard" on these! Writelog uses Shift Fx to
start recording a message and Escape stop which I feel is better than
N1MM's Control/Shift Fx for both. On the other hand for recording from
the receiver, WL is one contiguous file whereas N1MM records a new wave
file for each QSO, which is nice if you want to send a copy to someone
to say this is how you sounded at my place!

Must say, the MicroHam Keyer is the best bit of kit I have bought for
years now that the Router (feature!) has been sorted out which caused us
a major problem in the IOTA Contest last year. It works superbly on CW
with N1MM, no glitches, hestitation, locking up etc which many of us
complained about last year. The Keyer also handles voice record and
playback interface excellently also, as well as recording off the receiver.

Anyway give N1MM ESM/Auto Threshold a try, it will certainly amuse you!

73 Chris G3SJJ