[UK-CONTEST] Contest exchanges

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 27 14:10:55 EST 2006

An interesting discussion - and maybe the rule was written back in the days
when Ian was VHFCC Chairman so he may know more of the intention of the rule
than I. However - our current practical interpretation is that the following
exchange is perfectly acceptable.

PIQ : CQ Contest G4PIQ
SEK : GM3SEK
PIQ : GM3SEK, 59184, JO01MU
SEK : Roger, 59224, IO85ST
PIQ : Roger, 73. G4PIQ Contest.

Interestingly, for MS or EME contacts, I accept that this is slightly less
than the standard requirements for what makes a good QSO in that I have not
copied my callsign back from Ian. EME happens to be explicitly excluded, and
I can't think of the last traditional MS contact that I've seen in a contest
log (as opposed to the odd random QSO which happens to occur by MS), so it's
basically a moot point at present.

Maybe we need to look at the wording of that clause when we revise the rules
for 2007....

73,

Andy, G4PIQ
(who doesn't really care what info someone sends him in a contest - just
happy for anyone to call and give points!)