[UK-CONTEST] AFS

Clive GM3POI gm3poi2 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 12 06:04:16 EST 2006

I don't think this question has been asked about Club entries. You will see
from Sept/Oct 2005 results with the last two AFS contests, that the overall
entry numbers were roughly equal namely
230 SSB and 246 CW. Why is there still a requirement on CW for Five stations
to make up a club entry when a more reasonable three is required for SSB.
In last years CW event only 23 clubs managed 5 stations out of 88 Clubs but
during the SSB event 55 managed 3 stations from 99 Clubs.
It's about time that the CW event was made the same as SSB which would be
fairer to smaller clubs and encourage the new support that the RSGB I hope
would like.
73 Clive GM3POI